This is the home of Lanscan, a simple network scanning tool available in the Windows Store for Windows 8 and Windows RT.
Features currently include:
- TCP and UDP port scanning
- Scans a predefined list of commonly-used TCP and UDP ports
- Allows user to customized set of TCP and UDP ports to scan
- Provides a readout of essential networking information, including:
- Local IPv4 address
- Network mask and IPv4 address range for current network
- DHCP information including gateway address, DNS server address and domain name
- External IPv4 address
- Performs reverse DNS lookup of host domain name for each detected IPv4 endpoint in the network
This project is being actively developed and further useful network diagnostic information is planned for future releases.