This is the home of Lanscan, a simple open-source network scanning tool available in the Windows Store for Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows RT.
Features currently include:
- TCP and UDP port scanning
- Scans a predefined list of commonly-used TCP and UDP ports
- Allows user to customize set of TCP and UDP ports to scan
- Provides a readout of essential networking information, including:
- Local IPv4 address
- Network mask and IPv4 address range for current network
- DHCP information including gateway address, DNS server address and domain name
- External IPv4 address
- Performs reverse DNS lookup of host domain name for each detected IPv4 endpoint in the network
I don’t have time to actively develop this project, so I thought I’d share my code with the world! If I’m able to fix bugs or extend existing features, or if I get good-quality pull requests, I am happy to publish updates of the app to the Windows Store from to time.